Probably you have heard that the 40s are the new 20s, so don’t be afraid to look hot. Actually, we really think that women in their 40s are way more stylish, elegant, powerful, and sexy. They are on the top of the game, and having one of the adequate hairstyles for women over 40 is a must.
You don’t know what to look for? Well, the hairstyles for women over 40 are as cool that they could be worn by 20 year old girls as well. The difference will be made by your style, you outfit, and of course, by your attitude.
If you are ready to make a change, and to get a trendy look, here are five hairstyles for women over 40:
- Short and simple – There are many short hairstyles for women over 40, but the one that Lisa Rinna is wearing, managed to combine the sex appeal with the sportiness. If you are an active woman, go for it, and enjoy looking better than in your 20s.
- Bob and layers – This is one of the classic hairstyles for women over 40, but it will never get old. Cate Blanchett looks incredible with this hairstyle, and you will love it as well, if you prefer simple, but cool haircuts. The good news: it is very easy to style and maintain it.
- Long bob and bangs – Yes, this hairstyle can be worn by mature women, and it looks wonderful. Michelle Obama adopted this hairstyle, and everybody is admiring her for it. It looks fashionable and professional at the same time.
- Medium cut – Probably you saw many medium hairstyles for women over 40, but if you want something special, get a shoulder length, and smooth waves, like Jennifer Garner. It is always in style, and it will give you a cute look.
- Long waves – Don not avoid long hair! You have time to wear it short in your 70s. A long hairstyles, with waves like you saw at Jennifer Lopez, will show people you are comfortable with your age, and you still enjoy your life.